- This file cannot be previewed because there is no previewer installed for it
- Unable to hear voicemail in outlook
If you receive the "this file cannot be previewed because there is no previewer installed for it" when attempting to listen to voicemail in the desktop version of Microsoft Outlook. You will need to change your default music player in Windows 10.
- Press the search icon at the bottom left of the screen.
- Type in "Default Apps" in the search box.
- Press the "Default apps" from the search results.
- Press the button number the "Music Player".
- Select an app from the list provided. Windows Media Player and VLC media player should both work. Windows Media Player option will allow you to preview the file inside of outlook while VLC will require that you "Open" the file.
- Restart Outlook for the changes to take effect.