The Cisco Jabber App can make/receive calls and manage your voicemail from your personal device. Directions below are for users with personal iPhone and Android devices. Please use these directions if you are looking to Install Jabber on Windows or Apple desktop/laptop.
Step-by-Step Directions - Video (Written directions below)
Step-by-Step Directions - Written
- Search for "Cisco Jabber" in your device's app store. Install the app.
Direct links for the apps are below:
- Apple Devices: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/cisco-jabber/id467192391
- Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cisco.im
- Windows/Mac: Refer to these directions
- Enter your work email address and select "Continue".
- Enter your username and password on the next screen and press "Sign In". This will be the same login that you would use to login to your computer, focus, etc. The username is not the same as your email. If the email appears in the username field, please erase and put your username.
- The Cisco Jabber application will use your device's network data to connect to the district network and make VoIP calls. Multiple factors influence the amount of data used such as the number, length, and type (voice/video) of calls being made through the service.
- iOS Devices: To ensure that you do not miss incoming Cisco Jabber chats and calls, go to iOS Settings > Notification Center and check that Cisco Jabber sound setting is enabled.
- The phone system/jabber does not support sending and receiving SMS/MMS (text messages).