Cisco Jabber has the option to make and receive calls using the built-in softphone feature. The softphone gives you increase mobility to make and receive phone calls while away from your desk phone. The computer will need to have a microphone and speaker hooked up or headset in order to make calls using the app. Most laptops have this built-in for your convenience.
This guide assumed that you have successfully had Jabber installed on your computer and have been able to log in. For directions on how to log in to Jabber, please reference this document.
- Press on the , , or icon at the bottom of the Cisco Jabber screen.
- Make sure that the "Use my Computer" under the "Device for calls" is selected from the dropdown menu.
- The icon should appear and indicates you are ready to make and receive calls.
- On the left navigation, click on the to view recent calls. To dial a number, press the number pad.
- Dial the number using the number pad. Jabber requires that you dial the number just like you were using a school desk phone.
- For Internal Calls: Dial 4 digit number. Example: 3000
- For Outside Local Calls: Dial 7 + Number. Example: 75643000
- For Outside Long Distance Calls: Dial 7 + 1 + Area Code + Number. Example: 717725643000
- More details can be found Number Formatting Guide.
- After dialing the number, press the green phone icon to start your call.
- When you are ready to end the call, press the red X in the third column.
For additional training and documentation may be found Cisco Webex Help Center for Jabber.