4xx Client Errors
You must log in to the website before being able to access the resource.
This status is similar to 401, but in this case, re-authenticating will make no difference.
404 Not Found
The 404 message is letting you know that the page can not be found. The page you requested may have been moved or is no longer available.
Things you can try:
- Check that the web address you entered is correct.
- Try to access the page directly from the home page, instead of using a bookmark. You will need to reset your bookmark if the page has been moved.
- Click on the Back button on your internet browser and try another link.
- If you are logged into the website, try to log out and log in
- Clearing your browser’s cache
- Deleting your browser’s cookies
- Restarting the browser
Still having an issue?
- Check the school district or the web services' status page to see if this is a known issue.
- Try checking the website on a personal device or connection to see if you notice the same error.
- Contact the site's webmaster directly to let them know that you are experiencing an issue with their service.