We have a lot of websites. Canvas, ClassLink, Focus, SDIRC Intranet, BoardDocs etc. School Board Policy 7540.02 requires that sites hosted by the Board "...educate, inform, and communicate." The district and school public websites are for a public audience.
District and school public websites
- educate the public about your district and school programs,
- inform the public about events, curriculum, and activities, and
- communicate to the public about essential policies and plans.
These items may include:
- Calendar of events
- Contact information for school and staff
- Code of Conduct
- Extracurricular activities
- Focus areas and specialized programs
- Opportunities for parent and community engagement (PTA, SAC, volunteers, etc.)
- Parent Handbooks
- Upcoming events